Prodrobot 2.0 automated gait trainer is an active medical device designed for the rehabilitation of lower limbs of patients with gait dysfunctions.
Prodrobot 2.0 presents a unique concept of approach to therapy. It is devoid of a treadmill, and at the same time allows for adjustable relief of the patient’s joints and reproduces the movement pattern in 6 joints. This allows you to get a variety of exercises under one structure. It is equipped with numerous regulations that allow it to be adapted to each patient individually. The operation is via the control panel and is very simple.
PRODROBOT IS DEDICATED:
- to be used as a standing frame,
- for patients suffering from paraplegia,
- for people with stroke affecting gait impairment,
- for people with Parkinson’s disease with the slowdown, muscle stiffness and impaired motility disorders of gait and postural,
- for disorders of gait and posture in various polyneuropathies (toxic, metabolic and autoimmune nature, such as Guillain-Barre syndrome) with muscle weakness of varying severity including flaccid paralysis,
- for patients with cerebral palsy, in which movement disorders mainly consist of muscle weakness and spasticity,
- for patients with muscular diseases such as muscular dystrophy with progressive weakness and atrophy of muscles.
We have made big effort to be sure that therapy with Prodrobot is safe. However, keep in mind that the device is not suitable for all medical cases. In particular, please note the following contraindications:
- if the orthosis does not fit the patient securely (leg length, hip widgth),
- body weight greater than 50kg,
- significant muscle contractures,
- bone instability (unstable fractures, unstable spine, advanced osteoporosis),
- open skin lesions around legs, arms and trunk,
- circulatory problems,
- cardiac contraindications,
- patient not cooperating or aggressive, for example transitory psychotic syndrome,
- significant cognitive deficits, no verbal contact from the patient,
- patients treated for a long time with infusions of intravenous mechanical ventilation
- patients with extremely disproportionate length of limbs and / or spine (eg. dysplasias cartilage – bone),
- serious vascular disorders of lower limbs,
- patients with need of bed rest or immobilization due to eg. osteoarthritis or other inflammatory / infectious,
- arthrodesis of the hip, knee, ankle,
- active implants.
Prodrobot 2.0 consists of software that belongs to the group of real-time feedback systems.
It allows you to visualize the course of therapeutic procedures by graphically presenting pressure forces and their distribution over the patient’s feet during exercise, including:
– online real-time observation of forces of patient’s movement,
– online observation the compliance of real movement with the gait patterns,
– the real-time measuring speed of the walk,
– asymmetry of movement analyzing,
– correcting the movement of the patient in real-time or later on,
– motivate patient to put more effort into participating in active therapy,
– spasticity real-time observation.